Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Family Update

Hey Everyone!
I write today with much news. So, if you were hoping this would be a short and sweet post...well, I can promise there will be sweetness to this, but it is not short.
My little family has had many changes and challenges in the last three years. We have questioned, rejoiced, cried and laughed. All the while we have come to understand our God in a bigger and better way.
I was cleaning off my desk today and found some papers that Jason and I had put together several months ago. At the top of the page is written: "God's Precious Promises". We put together scriptures that had promises that God had made to us. These promises have carried us through some pretty tough situations. These promises have reminded us of a Daddy, a Comforter, a Healer, a Righteous Judge, and the biggest Lover this world will ever see.
1 John 3:1 states "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God."
We are proud to be called children of God and here is our testimony:
Almost three years ago, Jason and I got married, I moved to live in Alabama, and we soon found out that I was pregnant. During my pregnancy we found that some of the aches and pains I was having were not due to simple pregnancy. After four doctors, multiple hospital stays, and oh so many tests, I gave birth to our sweet little girl, without knowing what was going on with my health. Our little girl has been a healthy, loving and growing in Jesus girl all this time. We are so happy that she loves us, others and God with a childlike love. It is beautiful! Anyway, about a year ago now, we finally found a doctor who not only diagnosed me with Lyme but is also treating me for Lyme. After a doctor who told me I was just being emotional and it was all in my head, this was and still is a huge blessing.
 
So, my health updates continue to be great from my Lyme doctor. She is always impressed with my improvement. I am still on two antibiotics, one anti-fungal and many vitamins, minerals and probiotics. I continue my herbal tea regiment and my bentonite clay baths. I am also continuing with just meats, veggies and fruits with a bit of chocolate here and there. A girl has to have chocolate you know! This diet has also been wonderful for my little family. I will sing the praises of God's good gifts of fruits and veggies to the entire world, if they will listen. Just don't get me started on good foods if you don't want to chat for a while :)
We still do not have a time table for when I will be able to stop taking the antibiotics. And we are always keeping other treatments in our mind as options. We are encouraged with the energy that I am having, which is much needed right now.
I would like to share with you some news from another doctor that I have been seeing. In late June, Jason and I rejoiced in the news that we would be parents again. We were both joyful and concerned. With Lyme, and more importantly while still on medications, there can be so many things that are against a pregnancy. So, concern about when to let people know about our exciting news was where we were when I began miscarrying that precious little life. Let me just tell you that God walked us through the most peaceful days as I went through the physical process of a miscarriage. God was a comfort in the worst of times. When there were no more words to say, He spoke life into us. We are confident that all things work together for the good of those that love God. And we are confident that God is and will continue to bless us through this miscarriage. And frankly, we can't wait to hug that little bundle of blessings when we meet up in heaven. We are alright. We are well. We are spiritual and emotional steady. Only because of the love of God. Physically I am still chemically a bit out of balance and some of my recent blood work has been out of whack as a result. Also, during the recent ultrasounds, they found a simple cyst that they wanted to monitor. After the second ultrasound, the cyst was gone, but there was a mass in a different place. Yet again, in such a short time our strength in the Lord was tested. It would be a lie to say that fear was not a part of the equation at this point. But with all that we have been through we did our best to keep our eyes on God and the promises and purposes that He has given us. Yes, in case you are wondering, cancer was the word that the doctor used. I was sent to get a blood test, which would tell us if I had the markers for ovarian cancer. I do not have the markers for ovarian cancer. There is still a mass there. I have another ultrasound in about five weeks. At that time we are believing that there will be no mass at all. And nothing more to monitor. Prayers in line with this would be greatly appreciated!
In the meantime, my handsome husband has had much favor at his job. His boss has been so kind to allow Jason time off to go with me to appointments and to work through family sorrows. Also, a few months ago Jason got a promotion. I am so proud that he has been faithful in his work. Because of this faithfulness and God's goodness, Jason was granted even more favor when he approached his boss to see if it would be possible to work from home. A few weeks ago, he was granted that favor. He has not begun to work from home yet. He will begin when we move.
Yes, we are in the midst of moving! YAY!!! So, here is the deal: We will be leaving the Columbus area and moving into northeast Georgia. We are keeping our options open, but we would love to be closer to doctors, Free Chapel, the mountains and friends and that goes without saying family.
We are in the process of talking to realtors here and getting that sign up in our yard. We are also planning, cleaning, storing, and boxing things up in our home. I know that I still have limitations with my health and am trying to plan appropriately. I am trying to not wait until the last minute to get things ready. At the same time, we are looking at houses and working toward getting a realtor in the northeast Georgia area. Talking to lenders, insurance companies and finding moving gear. It is exciting and oh so busy all at the same time. Having a preschooler running around has added to the fun, but we are ready for this adventure.
Jason and I were recently talking about our goals as a family. We have been praying for some time now, about where God was heading us. We feel that this move will be in direct line with the goals and purposes that God has for us. It will be hard, but we are at peace that this what God has and His timing will be the right timing. We are praying that our house miraculously sells quickly. We would love to only have one mortgage and are looking at houses with that in mind.
 
Along those same lines, we feel this will be a blessing financially for us. However, this move will only be a blessing if God provides what we need within a very tight budget. Our God is a miracle worker and we know that He has blessing for us. Please pray with us about both houses, the one we are trying to sell and the one God wants us to buy. Also, if you have any leads, we are always keeping our ears open.
Among all this craziness, I am still working hard on my business. Jason and I are excited that we have booked four fall festivals that I will be selling at (so if you are in the Hartwell, Elberton, Cornelia or Social Circle area, send me a message and I'll let you know when I will be there.) I have continued to meet the professional goals that I have set for myself. I have several parties that are happening as we speak and already have a consultant under me. This is all so exciting! Thank you so much for all the great support and encouragement you have poured out on me in this endeavor. I am proud, excited and enjoying building relationships through a business. Can you believe that? If you are wondering about my business, you are welcome to check out my website: www.lillarose.biz/joyfulnoise
One last thing: Our little girl has turned two, we will share our third anniversary in a few weeks and Jason and I are both getting older...birthdays abound. We are loving life, God and each other. My dad shared this thought with me during a recent struggle: "You are a person of worth, created in the image of God, to relate and to live." -Grady Nutt
And that my friends, family and listeners is my final thought for today.
Thanks for taking this journey with us in prayer! We appreciate you so much!
Hugs and smiles,
Joy and crew


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Joy! We look forward to having you back in GA. We live in Duluth now and live Gwinnett county!

    ReplyDelete