Saturday, February 19, 2011

Waterfalls and Streams

Dear friends,
I am inspired by nature. I am very much like David from the Bible. If I am having a hard day and want to escape...I want to be outside. If I am having a great day and want to celebrate...I simply want to be in nature. It is a place where my spirit and soul are at rest.
During one of my recent hiking trips, God showed me something valuable about waterfalls and streams.
Waterfalls are mighty and powerful! There is a lot of water that flows through waterfalls every day. The force of the water flowing over a waterfall is nomally very great. I have even known of people drowning because they were forced under a waterfall and the force of the water was too great for them to escape. 
Streams on the other hand are steady, calm and peaceful. There is not as much water flowing through them as with waterfalls. And the force of their waters is gentle. But don't miss a streams importance. If it weren't for streams, I would not have drinking water in my kitchen. If there were no streams, there would be no mighty waterfalls.
You see what I think God wanted me to learn was that every person is like water. Some of us are mighty waterfalls, moving water quickly and powerfully. These are the people who are rocking the world and changing lives with the power of the Holy Spirit. Some of us are like the streams,  moving water with steady, peaceful and calm movements. These are the people who build relationship with purpose and care. These are the people who rock one persons life at a time.
You see, God wants to use both types of people. There is not one type that is right or wrong. God needs both types of people to help build His kingdom.
Be encouraged today, if you are His child, then He wants to use you. It doesn't matter what type of water you are, He can and will use you!
"This man is a chosen instrument of Mine to bear My name before the Gentiles and kings and the descendants of Israel;" -Acts 9:15
May you and I be instruments of God today!
Until my next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment