Thursday, February 24, 2011

Singing In The Rain

Hey ya'll!
I was listening to some GLEE songs that my brother had on his phone and I loved the totally hip remixed version of "Singing In The Rain". I love the old movie with Gene Kelly and below is his version of the song. Enjoy it!

As much as I love this song and dance, I always struggled with the comparision of singin' and dancin' in the rain. Rain is not in itself a happy and joyful thing. I mean let's be honest, we don't jump up and down and declare to the world that a rainy day is the best thing that could ever happen to us. If you are like me, you kinda get a little down thinking about the rain.
God has been reminding me that through the rain in my life, He wants to bring joy and peace. He does this by creating character during the rainy seasons of my life. John Paul Jackson said it well in this quote from his book The Art of Hearing God, "Whatever God has promised you, He will prepare you to receive by intentionally allowing situations to arise in your life that are designed to develop your character. At times, it will seem you have experienced the death of your promise" (18).
In other words, the longer the rain, the greater the blessing. So, join me in singing and dancing in the rain :)
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love Singing in the Rain!!! One of my fav musicals :) But speaking of renditions of the song, have you seen this video?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDVvxQPm7s

    it is so cool! I think this kid is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete