Monday, March 28, 2011

The Quit Option # 4

It's me again :)
I'm here again to share a little more about what God is teaching me about the quit option. During the sermon that Jentezen Franklin shared on Hebrews 10:35-39, he also shared a very powerful story of a Navy SEAL named Marcus Luttrell. Some of you may have heard of him. In June of 2005, He and SEAL team 10 were assigned to go to Afghanistan to kill or capture a high-ranking Taliban leader. During the course of the operation, the team was compromised by local goat herders. Within a very short period of time the four SEALs were surrounded and in a full fire-fight with 80-150 enemy fighters. Three of the SEALs, in addition to 16 others fighting for freedom, gave their lives during Operation Red Wing. Luttrell was badly wounded, but was the only survivor. What really stuck with me was that during an interview and even in his book, Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Red Wing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10, Luttrell shares that there was never a moment during the operation where he or the other members of the SEAL team took the quit option. They kept fighting even to death.
In his book Marcus goes on to explain about the training of a Navy SEAL. There is a bell in middle of the compound where they are trained. This bell is the quit option. If someone is pushed to the edge and just can't take anymore, without shame or fear of recompense they are allowed to ring the bell, leave the compound and go to wherever it was they came from. They are allowed to take the quit option.
You know, just like the SEALs in training, we have the free choice to take the quit option. If we take the quit option though, the enemy wins in our lives. I don't know about you, but I don't want the enemy to take even one of the battles. I want him to be crushed! I chose to say no to the quit option, knowing that as I do, my God will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment