Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Quit Option #1

Hey guys,
I know that in the past I have shared what God is doing in my life. I hope that you can see that I am just a real person sharing my thoughts about my God. In this post and in a few to come, I want to be really real. Don't get afraid...I'm not going to share my deepest, darkest secrets (come to think of it, thankfully, I don't really have any of those), but I do want to be honest with you about what God is doing.
On a recent Sunday morning, I was extremely discouraged. I had been praying for God to bless me with something that I felt He has promised me. When I say I had been praying, I mean I have been praying for this for several years. Recently, I have been discouraged because I am not seeing the blessings...or better yet, I am just not seeing results. I like to see results of my prayers. Don't you?
Anyway, back to my story: I cried out to God and asked Him to let me know what I needed to do. Did I need to give up on this thing that He had promised me? Did I keep pushing forward, even in the midst of no results?
A few hours later, I was listening to Jentezen Franklin preach. The scripture that he spoke about was Hebrews 10:35-39. If you will hang in there with me, I would like to share the Amplified version of these scriptures.
"Do not, therefore, fling away your fearless confidence, for it carries a great and glorious compensation of reward. For you have need of steadfast patience and endurance, so that you may perform and fully accomplish the will of God, and thus receive and carry away what is promised. For still a little while- a very little while- the Coming One will come and He will not delay. But the just shall live by faith and if he draws back and shrinks in fear, My soul has no delight or pleasure in hum. But our way is not that of those who draw back to eternal misery and are utterly destroyed, but we are of those who believe- who cleave to and trust in and rely on God through Jesus Christ, the Messiah- and by faith preserve the soul."
God was speaking directly to me. I don't need to give up my confidence. I need to learn patience and endurance despite not seeing results. I need to continue to step out in faith. I need to continue to pray for God to bring His promise. It is His will, and He will not withold it from me.
Please let me take this one step further. I felt discouraged and beaten down. These are not things that come from my loving Father. These are things that come from the evil one. Satan wanted me to take the quit option and stop praying. The evil one wanted me to take the quit option and stop fighting for my blessings. He wanted to me to take the quit option and stop believing in this dream that God gave me. Even worse, Satan wanted me to take the quit option so that I would stop seeking after God's will for my life. That is what the evil one does...he beats us down and keeps us discouraged so that we don't allow growth in our lives.
I don't know what you may be struggling with, but I plead with you not to take the quit option! I don't plan on taking it either.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this and for being so real! Right now I am in the middle of Beth Moore's 'Breaking Free' study and the last part of your post, about Satan wanting us to stop seeking our Savior, made me think of a phrase Beth is constantly quoting- "Jesus came to set the captive free. Satan comes to take the free captive." Through this study I have found so much power over Satan through my relationship with my Heavenly Father! Satan has NO power over me when I stand with Christ and I praise God every day for allowing me to be His child so that I can have power over Satan :)
    I miss you and love you dear friend! Praying that this thing you are praying for will show results soon :)
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete