Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Quit Option # 2

Dear Ones,
I was sitting in a sunny spot this morning eating my breakfast and reading. I was enjoying basking in the warmth of the sun. I was also basking in the love of my beloved, Jesus. Can you picture it? Imagine a place that brings you great joy and pleasure. Imagine the feeling you have when you see someone that you love greatly.
Then imagine what it feels like to have your world rocked in just a matter of moments. That is exactly what happened this morning. I was reading in a new book (which is excellent, by the way) entitled, Lioness Arising by Lisa Bevere. In the book, Lisa shares how our purpose as women of God (yes, it is written to women, but God wants to share the same thoughts with men) is to be a strong lioness. God has given us all the tools (love, joy, peace, gentleness, meekness, kindness, goodness, etc.) to be powerful women through Christ for the world.
Now, back to rocking my world. Lisa Bevere shared these statements and they nearly caused me to knock over everything on the table in front of me as I was blown away by the weight of it.
"Our world has known the impact of many forces. Over the centuries our earth has been bludgeoned by forces of nature such as hurricanes, tsunamis, and monsoons. The earth's shell has been split and its foundations shaken by earthquakes. Armed forces have gathered for motives and purposes both noble and foul. Coalitions of armed forces have met on battlefields and left destruction in their wake.
But what of a force that did not revel in its power to intimidate, threaten, or destroy? Members of this force would have strategic and unique roles- some seen, others unseen, but all valued. What if this force was at once selfless in motive and simplistic in its objective? What might it look and sound like?
Alexander the Great said, I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." (25 and 26)
What a word picture!!! If you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, then you are a sheep that is led by a Lion. Doesn't this make you want to shout loud and proud that you will never take the quit option again? Doesn't this make you want to fight the good fight and live in the purposes that the Lord has for you? Come on, now, join with me as we let the Lion roar!!!
If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I would love to introduce you to this Lion that I am talking about. He loves you and only wants you to take His hand. He can roar in your life in powerful ways if you will just ask Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment