Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Poem

Happy Today!

I have something to share that has really spoken to my heart. As you may gather from my posts, I am wholeheartedly in love with Jesus and have been learning many things about Him.

I was recently given Deep Unto Deep by Dana Candler. She is a wonderful author and speaker. Check out her website for more info: http://www.danacandler.com/

Anyway, this is a poem that she shares in Deep Unto Deep that is taken from her journals:


"My heart aches. I love Him, yes, but faintly.

I desire Him, yes, but weakly.

I want Him, true, but weaveringly.

Even in the pain that lies within

I recognize to be such faint pain,

A mere discomfort next to the heart-wrenching anguish

That grips true lovers

My knowledge is nothing. My wisdom, infancy.

I see nothing as it truely is.

Eternity what is light. This life of earth what is dark.

Stories remain stories. Not sinking deep within my soul,

And scarring me with Divine invasion

Your cross is a picture, Your Heaven a fantasy.

Tears are sweet emotions, moved by Your sufferings.

I say Your name so sweetly but do not know its Face.

All I am is far. So distant, so removed.

But You beckon me come.

Yet, my Lord, I am nothing. I have nothing. I know nothing.

When I thought I had something,

It dissolved before Your beauty,

And I was left naked. Possessing nothing.

Poor for words. Empty of all. Needy and alone.

Even so, my Love, call me.

Yes, do not leave me here but beckon me come.

Though I have nothing, though I am only poor,

I cast myself on your unfailing love

Where else would I go?

Whom have I but You?" (Candler 2)


Maybe this will speak to your heart like it spoke to mine. I am simply on a journey and am joyful that I may share it with you :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment