Saturday, February 5, 2011

Valentines with a Purpose

Hey dear friends,
Beware...this may rock your world!
For quite some time I have been aware of a gross and horrible trade going on all over the world. It is the human trafficking trade.
Today, an estimated 27 million people are held in slavery, with statistics estimating that 99% of these victims are never rescued. Trafficking in women is the second largest global organized crime, and in some cases girls are forced to service as many as 40 men a day.
Does this blow your mind like it does mine? Not just that, but it breaks my heart! I am overwhelmed by those numbers, as I am sure you are. How can one person make a difference against something so big?
One person can make a difference and I saw that today. A group of precious friends took a few hours to make valentines for girls who have never been told that they are loved by a human much less our heavenly Father.
The beautiful girls who will receive these cards live in Greece in a safe house. These girls have come out of the sex trade organization and are on the road to restoration.
As I looked at these cards and thought about the care that was put into them, I started to cry. ONE person can make a difference!!! Six girls (and a few that made cards later) took the time to share their love and the love of their Father with over 30 girls on the other side of the world. I am proud to say that these girls are my friends. They are putting their words into actions.
Take just a moment and think of what you can do. One person can make a difference. You can make a difference. Together we can't do everything, but we can certainly do something!
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment