Saturday, February 26, 2011

Cupcake Of The Month-Strawberry Surprise

Greetings friends,
So, as promised here is the cupcake of the month, Strawberry Surprise. I actually made these for Valentine's Day, but am just now getting the pictures posted. (I know, slacker!) 
 As with any cake recipe, it is always a good idea to get all ingredients out first (that way I don't leave anything important out of the cupcakes). By the way, the imitation rum complemented the strawberry very well...might try that again with a different recipe.
 Butter, eggs and sugar...my favorite part of any recipe :)

 So the surprise in these cupcakes is strawberry jam. The whole pieces of berry were so yummy in this cupcake!
Okay, now it is time for a confession...these cupcakes were anything but a cupcake. They were so much more like muffins...so in the end, I didn't even frost them. I had some strawberry sorbet that I dolloped on the top. I'm kinda glad that I hadn't planned to take these to anyone and I won't be trying that recipe again. Guess this cupcake adventure was just to remind me to stay humble :)
Until the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment