Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hidden Heroes # 2

Hey friends!
Sacrifice is something that isn't taught, it is simply done. When I see someone sacrificing, it really makes me pay attention. It touches my heart! Sometimes the sacrifice may not be a large one, but it can just as easily touch the other person's heart.
Today I would like to share about a personal hidden hero. As with many of you, I was struggling through a long day at work. I was discouraged and just plain tired. Things had not been going well and I was struggling to handle all the situations that were being thrown my way. My thought is that even when I am having a bad day, it should not show to those that I am serving. Anyway, I was working with my co-worker helping a patient prepare for a test. This patient was so plesant and kind. He spent the majority of our time together joking and teasing my co-worker and I. At the end of our appointed time together, he took a moment to give my co-worker and I a quick hug.
This may not have seemed like much of a sacrifice, but to my heart that day, it meant the world. It only took a moment out of that gentleman's day, but it made my day.
I was reminded that even the smallest sacrifice is important. I know that it will make me pay better attention to my moments and how I use them. I hope that you are touched by someones hidden heroism also. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment