Monday, June 22, 2009

Lemon Delights

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted anything. I am so sorry! Sometimes life gets away from me and I can't keep all the balls in the air. I will try to do better in the future.

Well, it has starting to heat up and I for one don't enjoy heavy desserts during the summer. I do enjoy the coolness of watermelon and peaches. Today I would like to share with you a few lemon delights that I have been enjoying.


The first one is a yummy Lemon Poppy Seed cake. My family loves this favorite because it can be eaten at breakfast or just about anytime. We recently took it with us while camping and it didn't last very long.



For a recipe that is almost the same as mine follow this link: http://www.recipelink.com/cookbooks/2000/0761117199_3.html


The second yummy delight is Summertime Lemon Cookies. These are super easy and super yummy. I grew up enjoying the old fashioned lemon cookies that you could buy in a country general store. These cookies taste just like those cookies and bring back memories of seating on the front porch at my grandmother's eating cookies and drinking sun-brewed sweet tea.


Here is the recipe for these yummy cookies:
Summertime Lemon Cookies
18 oz. box lemon cake mix
8 oz. container whipped topping
2 eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
Combine cake mix, whipped topping and eggs. Mix thoroughly. Shape into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Place 2″ apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until lightly golden.

Enjoy making these yummy summertime favorites! Maybe next time I'll share some of my favorite blueberry delights. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment