Monday, January 2, 2012

A Refreshing Of The Old

Happy New Year, dear ones!
I have been delinquent in my blog during the month of December and I am sorry. I have been fighting off a rather nasty sickness that has left me in the bed quite a bit this past month. Anyway, I feel as though I am on the mend and can't wait to get back started with my varied activities and goals. I look forward to what the Lord has for 2012.
As with any new year, I take this time to look over the past year and see what the Lord has done. He has been good, faithful, gracious, giving and loving in so many ways. However, this year I am more looking forward to what the Lord wants to do into the next year.
During this time of illness, I have realized that God has given me dreams and goals that He wants me to take off the shelf, dust off and get moving toward. It is a refreshing of the old. I have learned through scripture and godly teaching that God doesn't just give us dreams and goals to give us hope, but He gives them to us for fulfillment. I believe that God will fulfill the dreams and goals He has given me and I am excited about the prospect. I look forward to the moment of fulfillment. And that in turns gives me hope for tomorrow. God has given me hope!
What a joy it is to know that God has plans, good plans, for me and you and He can't wait to bring them to fulfillment. So, during this new year of resolutions and goals, ask the Lord if there are dreams and goals that He wants you to take off the shelf and dust off. God is in the business of fulfilling the dreams He gives us.
Blessing for 2012, my dear ones! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment