Friday, March 20, 2009

A Few Cakes

I would like to share a few of my cakes with you. I consider myself to still be a beginner. However, my friends and family would beg to differ with me. Whichever the case may be, I enjoy baking and then creating fun designs for the cakes. My ultimate goal is to make people smile when they look at one of my cakes.


This is a strawberry cake that I made for Valentine's Day. It has a buttercream icing with rosettes all over the top. It was a fun cake to make and eat!













This cake was one of my first cakes. It looked good until I accidently hit it with my finger. I still like the rainbow, just not the icing job.













This next cake was a white layer cake with chocolate buttercream icing that I made for my brothers 18th birthday. The balloons, stars and numbers are made out of color flow. It was my first time playing with color flow and I really enjoyed it!




























This was one of the cakes that I had to make during one of my classes. I made all the flowers ahead of time out of royal icing. Then I used buttercream icing to apply a basketweave to the side and part of the top. I really like to do a basketweave.




















The next cake was a creation for my sisters birthday. I handmade each of the flowers out of royal icing. It was a white layered cake with buttercream icing. I got to work on my basketweave some more. It was kinda hard to cut into this one.





















I like to call the next cake the Polka Dot. I tried a new chocolate cake recipe, which I was told was great. I made this cake for a friend and they enjoyed it! There is a buttercream icing and the polka dots were made out of...well, I have to keep some secrets.
















This last cake was a chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. The icing was a little harder to work with, but the quilt that I wanted turned out looking good. I also used a decorators comb and liked the results on the side of the cake.

So, there are a few of the cakes that I have made. I hope that you may get ideas from what I have shared. I am also open to suggestions. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME CAKES! A treat for the eyes as well as the palate. Keep up the good work...you will only get more skilled! GBY!(God Bless You)

    ReplyDelete