Thursday, January 27, 2011

Grandmama and Pound Cake...Oh Yeah!!!

Hey Friends,
So this week my grandmother had her 84th birthday and you know what that means. CAKE!!! Not just any cake, but my grandmother's famous sour cream pound cake that is...Yummy delicious!!!
All the ingredients for the best pound cake in the world. (Notice that everything is clean, this is not how clean it was by the end of the cake making experience.)
This recipe is the real deal...you even separate the eggs. The egg yolks were beat and then put into the batter. The egg whites were beaten into submission until beautiful white (stiff, I might add) peaks were formed.
The recipe said that I needed to sift the flour and baking soda 3 times. Well, don't tell anyone, but I cheated and only sifted once :)
Pleasure is smelling fresh baked pound cake. There is no aroma in the world like cooling cakes. Ya know what I mean? Oh, so good!!!
I am never one to leave a cake plain, so I made chocolate outlined roses to top the yummy pound cake cupcakes. We decided to make cupcakes so that there was less mess at the party. Let me tell you, pound cake is so good no matter what form it takes!
The party girl and her two granddaughters. It was so fun to celebrate with her and enjoy seeing her face light up when she tasted the pound cake and knew that it was her recipe. She said I did good and she enjoyed them very much. (Sniff, sniff...that made my day!)
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!! I just love Grandmama's :) and the cupcakes look deeeelicious btw :P

    ReplyDelete