Sunday, August 7, 2011

Be Still

Wow! That's all I can say about the revelation that the Lord gave my heart this afternoon. The Lord is teaching me to be still...actually at times it feels like His has been teaching me for a long time.


"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:1 "Let the peace of Christ rule in our hearts." Colossians 3:15

The message just keeps coming my way. You would think that I would get the clue and just be at peace in stillness. In my defense, I am trying to have a set aside sabbath and focus on the Lord and the Lord only. It's hard to set aside time, much less focus. Anyway, back to the revelation from this afternoon. The revelation came from this scripture:
"One hand full of rest is better than two fists full of labor and striving after wind." Ecclesiastes 4:6
I was also reading in "The Three Battlegrounds" by Francis Frangipane about discernment. This is what Frangipane had to say about this scripture:
"There is too much labor and toil in our minds, too much striving after the wind. If we want discernment we must become aggressively calm. This is not a passive state of mind but an expectant, focused waiting upon God." (pg. 82)
Although this passage is talking about discernment, I would like to apply it to our lives in general. I know that I am so busy doing that being aggressively calm is not something that I practice. But God is teaching me to be calm. To be at rest in His peace. To be still before Him. In this calm, peace and stillness is where He will whisper to me. If I am too busy being active, I might miss His whisper. Wow! That's all I can say...
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment