Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Unspeakable Joy

Oh dear ones!
How I hope that you are able to experience the beautiful and unspeakable joy that only the Lord gives. Through struggles and trials, I have truly experienced the joy of the Lord as described in Psalm 71:23 and 1 Peter 1:8:
"My lips shall shout for joy when I sing praises to You, and my inner being, which you have redeemed." (Amplified Bible)
"You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him, you trust him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy."( New Living Translation)
It is so hard to put into words the joy that is overflowing in my heart, but I will attempt to share what is in my heart.
Recently I repainted and redecorated my room. The above picture now hangs in my room as a reminder of the joy that I possess because of my Jesus. The painting is by a talented women of the Lord, Aeriel White, who I found through Facebook (gotta love Facebook). At the time when I purchased the painting, I was going through a personally challenging time. I had no job, no future plans, no finances and to be honest, nothing in my life was looking very good. I felt like I had been forgotten and lost. Bleak and depressing. Ever been there?
However, my Father wasn't about to leave me in that place with a bleak and depressing outlook. When I received that painting in the mail, I was so excited, because He was already working on my heart and changing my outlook. It wasn't something magical that just suddenly happened. It was a process. An all too slow process. It was a process of seeking His face and really wanting Him to take control of my job, future, hopes and emotions. It was a process of confession. A process of tears and laughter. It was a process of just learning more about Him. As I began to look to Him and learn more about Him, I fell in love. I fell in love with God in a brand new way. In turn, He gave me this joy that is unspeakable.
Now, I can't imagine getting through a single day without the joy of the Lord. Even in the midst of circumstances that try and break my spirit, His joy inside of me is still bigger and greater. His joy keeps me smiling and enjoying who He is everyday.
This song is a departure from what I normally listen to, but I think it describes this unspeakable joy fully. Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/JGRydhrQzS0

No comments:

Post a Comment