Thursday, October 20, 2011

Messy Life Or See How Big My God Is

Hello!

Well, here I am again with my messy life. Aren’t you thrilled for me to share what has been going on? LOL…it isn’t really that bad, it has actually been a blessing. Well, before I get too much into my story, let me share first what God has been teaching me.
God is faithful! God is merciful! These are the two primary things that the Lord has been teaching me. I am sure that this will just be the first in a series of posts about the mercy of the Lord, because He is teaching me so much.
Okay, back to my life. As many of you know my family has been through many ups and downs this year. Between health issues, financial troubles, lose of jobs, and all that comes with those circumstances, we have simply put our trust in the Lord. And He has always been faithful! On a personal level, I have had a few set-backs in my plans, but again God has been faithful at providing purpose. So all in all it has been a crazy but good year. Please hear my heart…I am not complaining, I’m just sharing so you can see how God is showing up and showing off. (Side note: He loves to show up and show off in our lives!)
There is a song that I love by Sarah Kelly that shares about the mercy and faithfulness of God. She cries out, “Your mercy, everyday brand-new, is now the song that I sing too”. That has been my cry as I have been learning about His mercy. He gives me mercy to make it through this day. In reality, God loves for us to turn to Him in the midst of trials and ask for His mercy. He wants to give us His mercy. Many times I have read Lamentations 3: 22-23, and it has simply been words on a page, but it has become alive to me.
“The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning” (NLT)
As I share in the next few posts of the precious mercy of the Lord, may you come to know His mercy in a fresh way. Until next time, dear friends, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment