Friday, October 28, 2011

Slightly Different Pumpkin Muffins

Hello friends!
So, here is the first recipe on my new adventure of less sugar and such. I was thinking that pumpkins are in season and so of course I needed to make pumpkin muffins.

These muffins were so good that they didn’t last that long in my house. I think they may have lasted a whole afternoon. Anyway, I hope you enjoy them! Oh, and don’t be intimidated by the almond flour, which is sometimes called almond meal, it is really easy to find and use. I found it at Publix, Kroger and my local Trader Joe’s. It looks very much like a wheat flour, but is ten times tastier. I’ve heard that it’s good to try at least one new thing a day…perhaps this could be the one thing new that you try today.
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins

1 ½ cups almond flour
¾ cup canned pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup raw honey
2 teaspoons almond butter
1 Tablespoon sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 12 muffin tins with paper cups or coat with oil. Mix all ingredients (minus the sliced almonds) and pour evenly into tins. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and allow to cool. Enjoy a taste of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment