Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bold And Beautiful With A New Life

Hey friends!
I have so many projects going on right now, but I wanted to quickly share one that I worked on before Christmas. I was in sad need of a chest of drawers (i.e. clothes were all over my floor with no home to be put in). So, I started my quest for a chest of drawers at the local thrift shops. I love all the fun things that can be found in a thrift shop, but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for. I was starting to give up hope that I would find anything that could work, when I decided to look at Craigslist. I will admit, I am a bit hesitant to use online classifieds, but this time it paid off.
 I found a good chest of drawers with really good bones. Believe me, it needed a good sanding and painting, but I saw the potential immediately and the price was right.
 After a really good sanding (by the way, sanding without a mask is not a good idea...learned this the hard way), I gave it a great coat of primer. Then piled on about three coats of paint and finally put a good sealer on top.
This is the end product. I personally think it looks much better in person, but I think you get the idea. What started out as a chest of drawers with good bones, ended up looking like a beautiful custom made piece of furniture.
Thanks to my family for putting up with paint fumes and to my friend for driving down into a scary knoll on my first adventure of buying an item on an online classified site. It was an adventure and I enjoyed every minute of it...I think I shall try it again soon! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment