Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hope Is Springing Up


Hey guys!

I hope you all are doing well and being blessed! I am happy to bring a good update today…so grab a tea or coffee of your choice and enjoy!

After my last update, Jason and I spent an evening in the emergency room. I was in the worst pain of my life and while at the hospital passed what we think was a kidney stone and all pain left. The good thing about this experience was that it pushed us both to find a general practitioner here in Columbus. So, now Jason and I both have a GP in the area.

I am free of poison ivy now and looking forward to digging in the dirt some more in the next few months. Speaking of which, baby girl and I have been watching herb seeds grow over the past few weeks. Today we transplanted our little seedlings to growing pots. You would love to watch that sweet baby helping mommy fill the pots with soil. She is so careful and decided about each spoonful of dirt she moves from the bag to the pot. She is so much fun to work with. She loves watching the seeds grow…she giggles and claps her hands when we talk with daddy about the baby plants.

I am having more good days…such a blessing! I am not even close to 100% me yet, but improvement is good. We are thrilled with little victories like:

-being able to stay awake and alert longer during the day.

-being able to make a grocery list at one time instead of multiple tries.

-being able to get down on the floor and playing with Millie without worrying about where the nearest piece of furniture is that I can push myself up on.

-no dishes in the sink when I go to bed every night.

-planning our weekend activities at the beginning of the week and actually getting to do what we planned.

Many of you have asked how long I will be on the antibiotics and well, I don’t have a good answer. I hope that I will not be on them much longer, but the doctor  thinks that I need to be on them for two months after all symptoms are gone. As I am not symptom free, we are unsure what my Lyme doctor will say at my next appointment toward the end of April. In the meantime, I am still drinking my herbal teas, taking vitamin and mineral supplements, detoxing and eating nothing more than fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and lean meats with a few gluten-free grains mixed in once in a while.

Although I am not completely myself, we are excited that improvements have been made. Please continue to pray that a full healing will be swift. Also, continue to pray for financial renewal. It may seem simple but please pray that we will continue to find the joy in every single day.

The day is coming when I will finally be able to share a cup of tea with you and your family. Thank you for all your prayers this far! I couldn’t have made it without your love and support! It is a huge blessing!

Many hugs,

Joy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment