Sunday, March 1, 2015

Walking Across Egypt and Crying Uncle!!!-Health Update


Hey Family and Friends,
I am so thankful for your prayers and love over the last few weeks. The prayers are much appreciated. You will know how much by the time you read this letter.
My mom and I always joked when something bad or unexpected happened that we felt like we were walking across Egypt. Well, ladies and gentlemen, my little family has felt like we were walking across Egypt these past few weeks and months. If you don’t get the word picture yet, let me expound a bit.
Like many of you, we were hit with the flu in December. Sweet little girlie was the one hit by this sickness. She was not resting during that time and Jason and I were both left exhausted. My daughter is such a sweet baby girl and battled through it with a smile on her face. Dealing with being exhausted from my illness and adding a sick baby, Christmas, the new year and then…
At the beginning of January, I got a simple cold. You may shrug your shoulders and say, “no big deal”. My immune system is so compromised, that a simple cold knocked me on my back for several weeks. Oh, man…I was so tired of being sick and so tired of having to lie down and not get things done with my family. I asked myself “why” often during this time.
Just about the time I started feeling better, Jason told me that he had been having stomach problems. I looked at him and thought, “are you being serious with me”? At this point I was tired of researching sicknesses, diet, treatments, herbs and just about anything you could think of related to an illness. But I started researching more, this time for Jason. We started changing an already difficult to manage diet. Because of my illness we had only been eating fruits, veggies, eggs and lean meats. That meant we had already cut out sugar, gluten, dairy, and any processed foods. Jason went to two doctors. We finally put together that he was having a reaction to eggs. Yikes…no eggs.
Just when I started to get a grip on our diet, it was time to start my ozone treatments in Atlanta. I know many of you have been wondering how that went, so here you go… My treatments were delayed until the middle of February. My first treatment was scheduled for a Tuesday, so that week was a single treatment (and now I am thankful for that). I haven’t really known what to say about the treatment but I will start by saying that we really felt that the treatment did improve my health. I had less joint pain, enough that I was able to play on the floor with Millie without groaning as I got up. I didn’t have any headaches afterwards. I even felt that I had more energy. I had no ill side effects. The problem is that (to put it lightly) the nurse administering the treatment was extremely unprofessional. The details (although many and varied) are not what I will concentrate on here. Needless to say, I will not be going back for treatments by that nurse. To be honest, I was disappointed and felt a bit overwhelmed. Here I found something that was helping me, only to realize that I would not be able to get it again. Well, poop!
Just when things started looking like it might slow down, Jason and I got poison ivy. What!?! Poison ivy in February? Yes, on a good Saturday we got out in the yard to remove some “harmless” vines on our fence. Those “harmless” vines were poison ivy. Well, with my immune system in the state it is in, I was not able to fight off the poison and it popped up all over my body. I felt extremely tired and knew that my body was trying to fight it. However, it just seemed that my body was losing the battle. As of today, I have had the poison ivy for over two weeks. It has gotten better and is slowly going away. In the process we tried a lot of home remedies and finally found a great product (Zanfel) that started helping my body fight the poison off.
After all this mess, I threw my hands up and cried “UNCLE”!!! I am tired of walking across Egypt! With that said, Jason and I are confident that we are walking across Egypt with God still in control. We know that He hasn’t left us or forgotten about us. Your prayers have allowed us to continue to believe that.
We are uncertain what the future holds for treatments for me. Please pray with us that we will be wise. I will be going for labs this month, with a follow up with the doctor in April. At that point we will see how the antibiotics have been doing and adjust if necessary. We will also talk about any additional treatments that she thinks would be helpful.
Please pray that if we are being attacked, that God will give us just enough strength for the battle (and maybe a little extra). Please pray for thankfulness on even bad days. Please pray for restoration of health and financial freedom.
We love you all! We look forward to the day that we can sit in a coffee shop sipping coffee, laugh at these days and see what God was doing.
Many hugs and smiles,
Joy and family

No comments:

Post a Comment