Monday, May 16, 2011

Scrappy Project

Hey, hey, hey!!!
So, I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy quilting as much I have. When my friend, Mary, asked me to take a quilting class with her, I really had my doubts about my ability to actually finish a project. And yet, here I am on my second project and (shhh) it's a gift for Mary :)
 It is a small project made from nothing but scraps of fabric. So, the first step was to piece the scraps.
 This is what the piece looked like after piecing all the scraps.
 Then I cut the backing and batting and put the sandwich together. This is the quilt sandwich all pinned and ready to be quilted.
 Unlike my last project (on which I stitched in the ditch), I decided to just free stitch and the wavy lines are what I ended up with. It looks kinda cool, doesn't it?
After putting the binding on, here is the finished project. It it a small scrappy pocket for all those little buttons and sewing notions...I even stitched in some pockets on the inside. It was a fun project that I was able to complete in a few hours. By the way, Mary liked it...which was the best part of the whole project. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment