Monday, May 2, 2011

Puttin' On The Armor

Hey fellow warriors,
I was reading in Ephesians this week. Side note: Can I just say that scripture is always new and alive to me these days!?! Today Ephesians was no different, it was coming alive to me. I was reading the following:
"Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness...and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." 6:13-14, 17
Now imagine with me for a moment that the God of EVERYTHING took a moment to write you a letter. A letter just for you and just to encourage you, His warrior. This is what that letter might look like.

My precious choosen one,
It is time to get dressed for battle. My beloved. I am going with you onto the battlefield, and in those times when you feel as if there is no fight left inside of you, My Spirit will rise up inside your soul and My strength will become your strength. My mighty armor will guard your heart from the fiery arrows of the enemy. In the power of My Holy Spirit, you will find the passion and power to step out in faith and face any spiritual giant that comes against you. Your battles won for My Kingdom will become a blessing to all generations!
Love, Your King who fights for you

(Taken from His Princess Warrior, Love Letters for Strength from Your Lord by Sheri Rose Shepard)

Fight the good fight and don't lose heart, my friends! I am fighting with you and even more important the Lord is fighting for you! Blessings until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment