Saturday, April 30, 2011

Hummus...Yum!!!

Hey everyone!
So, I never knew that I was going to be a hummus fan. Hummus, you may ask, what is that? Well, according to the dictionary that is conveniently sitting on the table next to me, hummus is a puree of chickpeas and sesame oil, it is normally used as a dip or spread for a sandwich. So, if you are new to the world of hummus, you can now impress your friends by knowing what it is.
But let me tell you, it may not sound that great, but it is oh, so good. I have tried the plain or rather, original hummus. The roasted red pepper is quickly becoming my favorite and the garlic is pretty good too. I'm not a big fan of the spinach version, which surprises me (as I enjoy most spinach dips). I also am not all that thrilled about the artichoke variety. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pizza hummus. It tastes just like pepperoni pizza, but without all the fat and all the other bad for you stuff. There is only one problem with the pizza hummus...it's not sold in any of the stores around my house. So, if you find it, please let me know. I am also interested in knowing if anyone has ever tried to make hummus at home. Maybe it will go on the list of things to try to make myself...will keep you updated :)
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment