Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Resurrection Day!!! (I'm A Day Late, But Wanted To Share This Anyway.)

Dear family and friends,
I am so thankful that the Lord has risen. He has risen indeed!!! He conquered death and is victorious, just as He said He would be. Hallelujah!!!
Last night I attended the Easter production, AD 33. It was excellent and I enjoyed every minute of it! It told the story of mans sin from the very beginning of time all the way to the year AD 33, when God provided redemption for mans sins.
The part of the account when Jesus is being brutally beaten for you and me, the story stops and Satan steps onto the stage. Dark smoke is everywhere and it seems as if there is no hope. Evil seems to be prevailing. Satan turns to Jesus and laughs, he says "So, are any of these people worth this pain and agony?" Jesus says not one word, but simply stands there and continues to get beaten. He has a look on His face that says, "yes, even if it was for just one, that one is worth every moment of agony and worth every bit of pain that I am facing". God's love for me and you was so evident in that moment. He knows that you and I are worth everything to Him. He would do anything for you and me. He would endure the worst that man can do for just you and just me.
This revelation hit me fresh and new this resurrection day. It has left me awed, humbled, and feeling utterly loved and cared for. Is that what resurrection day does for your heart? I hope and pray that you are feeling the Lord's extravagant love for just you. You were worth every moment of agony and every bit of pain He endured. You are so precious to God that He gave His only Son just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment