Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Highest Compliment

Happy Today to you!
I recently attended a family wedding. You know what that means...seeing people that you have not seen for quite some time. Before I continue, I need to say that I enjoyed the wedding very much and also enjoyed seeing family.
As self confident as I like to think I am, there are still insecurities that rear their ugly heads when I am getting ready to see someone that I haven't seen in a while. Because of these insecurities, I am so blessed when someone gives me a compliment. Don't you love it when people compliment you? It just gives you a warm fuzzy that nothing can take away, right?
While at the wedding and reception there were compliments about my hair, eyes, dress and even my smile. I loved receiving them all! (What girl wouldn't?) However, the highest compliment came when I got in the car with my family.
On the way home in the car my mom was telling me about two sweet women who came up to her during the reception. These two women knew me when I was just a babe in arms. They were precious women that took care of infants in a church nursery and I was one of those infants. They had beautiful things to say about my family and myself, but what blessed my heart the most was this: Both women said that the joy of Lord shown through me. WOW!!!
As my mom shared this with me, I began to get a bit choked up...I was humbled...I was blessed...I was challenged! First, it humbled me to realize that God can use even me, in all my insecurities, to display His light. Then, I was blessed that someone took the time to speak life over me with such a high compliment. Finally, I was truly challenged because of the times that I know that I haven't been His light to a dark world.
So, I'll leave you with this thought that is my constant thought and goal now...What is the highest compliment that someone can say about you today? Will you be a light today that all the world can clearly see?

No comments:

Post a Comment