Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is It An Elephant? Or a Purple People Eater? I'll Leave It To Your Imagination.

Hello to you,
One of my favorite past times during the spring is cloud watching...well, that might not be completely true. Rather, I really like trying to figure out what a cloud looks like. Is it a horse? Or maybe it is the face of some famous person...the possibilities are endless.
The only problem is that you need clouds in order to cloud watch...
While soaking up some sun and spending some time with my beloved Jesus, I was thrilled when this big cloud rolled in. What does it look like to you?
These are actually my favorite type of cloud. I believe these are altocumulus clouds. (Who knew that weather and climate class would be used in real life?) 
Now for a bit more information from my weather and climate class: Clouds are really just water vapors or ice crystals. So, while pondering the shapes of the clouds, I was reminded of a verse in James:
"How do you know what will happen tomorrow?
For your life is like a vapor-
it's here a little while, then it's gone." 4:14
Not to be all doom and gloom, but I needed to be reminded that this life is short. I asked myself if I was doing everything that I can to bring glory to my heavenly Father on this day, because I am not promised tomorrow. So, enjoy the clouds...enjoy today and live it to the glory of God!
Maybe that cloud is really a sailboat...who knows?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment