Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Through The Eyes Of A Child

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be
called children of God! And that is what we are!" -1 John 3:1

Hey friends,
This past Sunday, I went to a small church and watched an Easter pageant presented by the children in that church. It was an experience of laughs at mishaps and wardrobe malfunctions, as well as a few tears at the childlike faith that was displayed. The children sang resurrection songs, they acted out the Easter story and someone even trusted one little boy with nails as he explained the suffering of Jesus on the cross. Tears came to my eyes as the children sang a beautiful song of love to God. To be honest, I don't remember the name of the song, but I do remember the love on each childs face.
During this week, I have taken the time to simply soak in my Father's love. His love is part of the celebration of Easter. God gave His Son as a love offering to you and me. I was reminded while watching those precious children that God simply wants us to come to Him in love and accept His gifts for us. So, during this week take time to simply accept God's love sacrifice then turn around and love on Him in return. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment