Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who You Callin' Short?

Hey guys and gals,
So I have been trying to find recipes for yummy goodness with a little less sugar...and I found shortbread cookies. I don't really know why it has the word bread in the name, because these are cookies all the way. And they are so yummy too!
 The ingredients are simple: flour, sugar, butter, salt, baking powder, eggs and flavoring (I used almond extract, well, because I love almonds). The above picture is what the mixture looks like before adding the flour.
 The process of making shortbread is easy enough, you just need to have enough room to roll (or in my case, pat) the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness. Then you can use any cookie cutter that you want. Of course, I picked the flower cutter :)
Don't they look like fun to make? And they are equally as good to eat. I served these at a girls night and the girls seemed to enjoy them. Until the next baking adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment