Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

Happy Today!
I am so blessed to have a wonderful dad to celebrate on this Father's day! We enjoy hanging out together outdoors and sometimes chatting about the trees and flowers we see. We enjoy rafting together and are always surprised at how cold the water really is. We enjoy eating good  food and occasionally talking about recipes that we would like to try. We love to go camping even when the bugs bite and the ground isn't quite level. There are many reason that I am thankful for my dad. As much as I am thankful for my earthly dad, I am also thankful for my heavenly Father. Today is a good reminder that I need to let my dad here on earth know that I am thankful for him. I also needed to be reminded that my heavenly Father wants me to praise Him too. 
Recently while walking out of church, I saw a precious little boy and his dad. The little boy was laughing and running away from his dad. The little boy could still see his dad and was not in any danger, but I could tell that the boy was suppose to be staying next to his dad as they walked to their car. Once the dad realized that the boy had run away, he didn't say a word, he simply put out his hand to the boy. The little boy giggled one last time and ran to his dad. The little boy put his hand in his father's hand and they continued to walk to their car.
All of the sudden it hit me, that God calls to us in the same way. He doesn't try to coax us with flowery words, He simply puts His hand out and invites us to trust him. Just like with the little boy, we are truly safe when we are hanging onto our Father's hand.
On this day when we celebrate our wonderful daddys, remember that you have a Daddy in heaven that simply wants you to trust Him. Take His hand. Also, enjoy the day with your dad if you are blessed to be near him. God bless, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment