Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Dedication and Social Justice

Hello! I recently attended a seminar on justice. It was life changing!
Let me start by sharing that God has been revealing Himself in new ways to me recently. I have come to know Him as my bridegroom, my righteousness, my healer, my joy and peace. The list could go on and on, but during this seminar, God was showing me Himself as judge.
I'll be honest, I have never really given much thought to God as my judge or even as judge of the world. It isn't the prettiest picture of God. It isn't something that people talk about. It is something that I am still learning about.
I will attempt to share enough of what I am learning that maybe what I share will make sense. God is just, it very clearly says so in scripture (Rev. 15:3, Rev. 16:7, Psa 36:5-6). Justice requires judgement, therefore God could not be just if He didn't also execute judgement.
The beautiful part of God is that He made a way of mercy from the judgement. "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." -Romans 6:23 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." -1 John 1:9
For me, the ultimate judgement of death or life is what I have always thought of in reference to God as judge. It didn't occur to me that we are currently living in a time of judgement. But we are! We are in the midst of judgement because of the blood that has been spilled.
I could focus on just about any social issue...there are many. However, I want to quickly share what I have learned about abortion in the last few weeks.
There are debates about many things surrounding abortion. I am not going to address them. I think you will be able to quickly figure out what I have been convicted to believe.
We have killed 55 million babies through abortion. Each one of those babies had a God given purpose. Now, we are faced with the reality that there are 55 million less people serving the Lord because of abortion. YIKES! This was a reality check for me. Who is filling the places of these 55 million people? God intended for each one of those 55 million babies to have a special talent and a special place of service in his army. Hello...we are now 55 million people short in the army of the Lord. Does this hit anyone in the face, like it did me?
Fast forward to a beautiful morning at church. I was confronted with about 25 beautiful babies and their parents. It was baby dedication, a time when families dedicate their babies to the Lord and stand before their church asking for support of the body of Christ in raising their child. It is a beautiful time for the families and the church. I laughed at the antics of one little boy as he was climbing his father's chest. I smiled at the beautiful little girl who listened so carefully that you just knew that she knew exactly what was going on. I laughed with everyone when the cute little boy with hair sticking straight up, smiled and giggled at the pastor. It is such a blessing to see so many loving families dedicating themselves to the service of the Lord.
At the same time, my heart grieved. I realized that there were many more children that the Lord wanted there in that service, that would never be here. They were aborted. They are not here.
This revelation has grieved me and has made me realize that I have a responsibility to speak out. To stand out. To say something when others simply let it go. No, I am tired of letting it go. How many more babies will not be here if I don't speak up? How many more babies with purpose will die before I stand up?
Will you join me? Will you speak out? If I can share more about what I am learning, then let me know. I would love to share more about my God and His plans and purposes.
I will be a warrior in His army! Join me, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment