Sunday, June 5, 2011

Quick Saturday Lunch Pizza

Hey Guys,
I am a big fan of pizza, but as with many people, I am trying to eat a bit healthier. This is not always an easy task when you LOVE cheese...Did I mention that I LOVE cheese. So, in an attempt to "healthy up" my pizza here is one of my experiments that I think you may like.
 I took a piece of flat bread and spread yummy basil pesto all over it. I love pesto because it is good for you and compliments just about any cheese you put it with.
 Then I mixed parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and sprinkled them on top of the pesto. Oh, yum, it is looking so good!!!
Tomatoes are always good with cheese and pesto, so I sliced and seeded some tomatoes. I also added some cooked chicken to add a little protein. You could add some yummy mushrooms or just about anything...your imagination is the only limit. Bake in a 450 oven for about 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. These pizzas were a quick, yummy treat on a lovely Saturday.
Enjoy your own creations! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment