Thursday, June 2, 2011

When Life Is Looking Rough...

"Let everything that has breath and every breath of life praise the Lord!
Praise you the Lord!-Hallelujah!" -Psalm 150:6, Amplified Version
When I see an image like the one above, sometimes I can't help but think that everything in that persons life must be going well and so they are able to praise the Lord. Do you think that too, or am I the only one?
Well, God took a two-by-four and hit me upside the head the other day with this thought. "I (God) want you to praise me for the good things that are yet to happen. I want you to praise me in the storm. I want you to praise me even when life is looking rough. Yes, I want your praise when things are going well and life looks good, but your praise is even more precious to me when it requires a sacrifice."
So, I have begun to praise Him in even more beautiful ways than I thought I could. I know that my praise is simply the work of the Holy Spirit inside me, but I can't tell you the difference it has made in my life. When I start to feel that life is overwhelming me, I praise Him. When I start to feel depression seeping in, I praise Him. When I have had a wonderful day and everything is going well, I praise Him. Praise is a practical way for me to continue to seek the face of God. It is a practical way for me to love my God back.
If you are like me and need a jump start for your praise, check out this song by Kevin Prosch:
http://youtu.be/plWX_fujWwE
God bless until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment