Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Others

Welcome to a new day!
To borrow from a popular movie, "with great power comes great resposibility". Likewise, with great knowledge comes great responsibility. I have been blessed to have many people pouring knowledge into my life. Even recently, I have been able to sit under great teaching on a regular basis. It is a personal blessing to have knowledge of the love of God. It never does anyone else any good unless I take on the responsibility that comes with that knowledge. For example, just recently I was listening to a precious sister talk about the horrors of abortion and the responsibility that I have as a Christian. I could have just walked away with the knowledge that she shared. Or I could allow that knowledge to press me forward into my responsibilty and ultimately a response on my part.
I'll just be honest, a response requires action and most of us don't like action that takes us out of our comfort zone. But get this, that is what God is calling us to. He is calling out Christians who are willing to step out in faith and trust Him for results. It may be out of our comfort zone, but it is what is required. Take a listen to this song by Israel Houghton and allow it to help your heart turn toward the responsibilty that is ours.

May the Lord make His face to shine upon you! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment