Saturday, July 30, 2011

Paint Colors

Hey friends,
If you know me that well, you know that I don't sit still for very long and I am always into a project. My most recent project is redecorating my room.
For me the most important decision in redecorating ones room is the choice of color.
The color is the single decision that changes everything in the room. It changes the amount of light that is in a room. It changes the way the floors look. It changes what other elements you will use in the room. The color can even trick your eyes into thinking there is more space in the room. I LOVE color!
My friend and I were standing in front of the paint counter at Home Depot one day and were overwhelmed with all the different colors. Just check out some of the names of colors:
Riding Hood
Sunlit Topaz
Arcadian Blue
Refreshing Mint
Cool Dip
Smoke Grey
Fuchsia Berry
Tink Pink
Misty Glen
Violet Hush
Sassafras Tea
Seaside Village
Don't those names just make you want to run to the store and grab a can of Cool Dip and slap it on your walls. If a color can create a mood, maybe even the name of the color can create a mood.
After much debate (with myself), I decided on a beautiful pale sky blue called Bounty for my new room redo. After putting it on the walls, I decided that it is my new favorite color. I have always loved blue colors, but this one is peaceful and creates an environment of rest. The perfect color for a bedroom, right?
As I was painting with my dad, I was thinking about the name of the color. Bounty. Is there a teachable moment in the name of the color that I was painting my walls? God spoke to my heart, that yes, He wanted to show me something through the color of my walls. Bounty is something that is given freely and in abundance. In turn, God's love is given to us freely and in abundance. There it is...Simple and easy. God love's is our bounty.
From now on, everytime I look at my walls, I will remember that Bounty is a gift from God and that fills my heart with peace and joy.
I can't wait to post some pictures of my progess on my room redo. They will be coming soon. Until next time, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment